Are you getting a 529 error when you try to log in to Roblox?
The error message can happen on both the PC version and the mobile app of Roblox.
It prevents you from joining a game/experience and reloading Roblox might not help.
Roblox is a virtual experience where you can play with friends and create anything from your imagination.
There are multiple experiences made by the community that you can join.
Whether you’re looking for an adventure, challenge, or fun, there’s something that you can play every day.
The game has cross-platform support and you can play it on PC, mobile, Xbox, or VR headset.
In this guide, you’ll learn why you’re getting an error 529 on Roblox when you’re trying to join an experience and how to fix it.
What is error 529 on Roblox?
Error 529 on Roblox means that the game is experiencing technical difficulties.
If you’re getting the error message when you’re trying to join a game/experience, it means that Roblox is most likely down.
There are two ways to check if Roblox is down.
Firstly, you can visit downdetector.com/status/roblox/ and check the number of reports.
If there is a sudden increase in the number of reports, Roblox may be down for everyone.
Secondly, you can check the status of Roblox here: https://status.roblox.com/.
If there’s a “Service Disruption” or a “Degraded Performance” status, it means that the game is experiencing downtime.
However, the Roblox status website is normally not accurate as it only tracks major errors, so Down Detector might be more accurate.
How to fix error 529 on Roblox
To fix error 529 on Roblox, try logging in to Roblox using another device or uninstall and reinstall the game.
Alternatively, you can try to clear temporary internet files/cookies or reset your password.
If Roblox is down, you need to wait for a few hours for the servers to be back up.
If all else fails, you can contact Roblox support here: https://www.roblox.com/support and tell them the issue that you’re experiencing.
Fix 1: Log in to Roblox using another device
- Try to log in to Roblox on a PC if you’re playing it on your mobile phone.
- Try to log in to Roblox on a mobile phone (download the Roblox on the App Store/Google Play Store) if you’re playing it on your PC.
- Instead of playing Roblox on roblox.com, open and use the Roblox Player (Windows search bar > Roblox Player > Open).
Fix 2: Uninstall and reinstall Roblox
- Uninstall and reinstall the Roblox app if you’re playing it on your mobile phone.
- Tap and hold the Roblox app > delete it > search for “Roblox” on the Google Play Store or App Store > reinstall it.
- After you’ve reinstalled Roblox, try logging in.
Fix 3: Clear temporary internet files and cookies
- Chrome: Three dots > More tools > Clear browsing data > Cookies and other site data > Cached images and files > Clear data > Launch a Roblox experience.
- Microsoft Edge: Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Choose what to clear > Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now > Cookies and other site data > Clear now > Launch a Roblox experience.
Note: This will log you out of some accounts (e.g., Facebook, Gmail, YouTube).
Fix 4: Switch to Wi-Fi or mobile data
- Are you connected to a Wi-Fi network? If so, try switching to mobile data instead.
- Are you connected to mobile data? If so, try switching to a Wi-Fi network instead.
- You can also try connecting to another Wi-Fi network if you’re connected to an existing one.
Note: A slow internet connection can cause experiences to fail to load.
Fix 5: Wait for the Roblox servers to be fixed
Fix 6: Reset your password
- Visit https://www.roblox.com/login.
- Click on “Follow Password or Username”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Roblox password.
- Try logging in to Roblox after you’ve reset your password and launching an experience.
How to Fix “We are experiencing technical difficulties” on Roblox
50+ Free Roblox Gift Card Codes
How to Fix “An unknown error occurred” on Roblox